Life Musings....

Four inch stilettos and Extra Dirrrrrty Ketel One Vodka Martini's is how I roll. My weekly knitting and yoga sessions help me to balance my fashionista alter ego- because let's face it...... being fabulous is hard ass work.....

Monday, October 20, 2008

Couch to 5K


I have been on a mission to get physically fit for awhile now and this program has actually been on my "TO DO LIST" since early summer (of last year...lol). I guess the brisk autumn air could serve as a motivator to get the blood flowing and the legs moving :)

Plan is to start Week 1 this week (October 20th) and have my 5K run fall during the week of Christmas. This is 10.5 weeks (the program has guidelines for nine weeks) but this gives me a bit of flexibilty in my schedule and workout routine.

Proposed Workout days: Monday, Thursday, Sunday


PREP LIST:
1- Running Shoes and socks
2- Gloves/Headwarmer
3- Sweatpants/sweatshirt
4- Download podcasts for 5K program
5- water bottle
6- stopwatch
7- map out running/walking route and measure distance
8- register online and set up log journal

Wish me Luck !!! I am definitely going to need it....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck. I'm planning to run a 5K myself.