Life Musings....

Four inch stilettos and Extra Dirrrrrty Ketel One Vodka Martini's is how I roll. My weekly knitting and yoga sessions help me to balance my fashionista alter ego- because let's face it...... being fabulous is hard ass work.....

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Barack the Vote


Senator Barack Obama
Originally uploaded by goodmosconi
I totally Ba"rocked" the vote yesterday !!! Because The Commonwealth allows early voting I was an "in person absentee voter" on Saturday. It was quite refreshing to see so many people in line with me yesterday doing their civic duty of democracy. Luckily I was one of the first people in line (#38 actually) so my wait time wasn't nearly as long as I had anticipated (though I did wake up at 6am to stand in line by 7:30am on a SATURDAY). I just saw on the news that the last person in the queue didn't cast their ballot until 9:30pm (after waiting in line for 4+ hours...). The election official actually said that they were averaging between 1,500 to 1,800 people PER DAY for the past week (it was actually closer to 2,000+ people yesterday since it was the last day of in person voting before the election).
I am sure that like you, I will be eagerly anticipating the poll results on Tuesday and no matter the outcome, I know that I have done my duty to make history...

YES WE CAN !!!!

No comments: